Last year for April, to counteract the yucky awareness-related information avalanche, I compiled an A-Z series of neurodiversity-related posts. You can read those posts here. I thoroughly enjoyed compiling that series, and I was considering redoing it this year. But, after giving it some more thought, I’ve decided to do something different: A neurodiversity blog link up.
Why the change?
I have two main reasons for doing this in a different way this year:
- Last year’s project produced some great posts, but it didn’t meet one of my original goals. I wanted the project to become a signal boosting one where people could be introduced to other blogger’s sites, but looking at my analytics, most people didn’t click through to the authors’ sites. They stayed on my site which is good for me, but not good for what I was hoping to achieve.
- A blog link up allows the writer to retain the post on their own site. It remains theirs. That means that if I ever decide to shut down my site for any reason, people still have access to the content they wrote. Some people may know that I did shut my site down for a few months last year, and that action made me question the ethics of expecting people to submit content to my site.
So, how will this link up work?
All links will be showcased on a separate page. I have placed an example on the page using this post, so that everyone can see how it will look.
You will be able to submit your link from 1 April to 30 April 2017. When submissions open, you will see a green button at the bottom of the showcase page which says “Add your link”. Clicking that button will redirect you to a page offsite where you will be required to submit the following information:
- URL to Blog Post: The direct link to the post you are submitting
- Link Title: Please keep this to under 50 characters
- Email Address: This will not be published or shared with anyone. I only need this in case I need to get in touch with you.
- Image: Images should be square with dimensions of 250px x 250px. If you are unable to supply an image, the system will attempt to pull an image from the post/blog and provide you with the option of cropping it to the correct dimensions.
Guidelines for Submission
Your link will be moderated before it appears in the gallery to ensure that:
- It does not contain any pathologising language.
- It has a relevant, appropriate image.
- It aligns with the theme of neurodiversity.
This link up is available to all neuordivergent bloggers, but please keep your posts within the theme of neurodiversity. This is a fairly broad scope, so the choice of particular topic is yours to make.
Please do not submit links to someone else’s content. If you come across a post that you would like to see included in the link up, please ask the person who wrote that post to submit the link themselves.
The aim of this link up is to increase traffic to your blog. The posts that you submit will remain on your blog, and may not be published anywhere else without your express permission. In order to ensure that this is beneficial for all participants, please consider doing any or all of the following:
- Notify your blog followers of this link up. You may do this by sharing this page and/or placing the link up image code below on your blog.
- Visit the links in the gallery below, and comment on the posts you want to in order to build community.
- Share the posts you love on your relevant social media platforms.
Once submission to the link up are closed, the showcase page, together with all approved links will remain on this site for as long as this site remains operational.
Update: The submission details here have been removed from here as they are no longer relevant.
If you have any questions that have not been addressed above, please contact me.