Throughout this site, the terms “I” and “my” refer to Un-Boxed Brain (“Website”) operated by Cas Faulds.
Your use of copyright material on the Website is subject to this copyright notice.
- Material on this website and the associated Facebook page is copyright and is intended for your general use and information. Your use of copyright material is subject to this copyright notice, which can be accessed from the footer of all the main pages of the website.
- Cas Faulds generally owns the copyright in website content and content shared on the website as well as the associated Facebook page, and you may use that material subject to this copyright notice.
- Unless otherwise indicated (in this copyright notice or in relation to particular material on the website) you may copy, distribute, display, download or print the material on this website for your own personal use, for non-commercial purposes or for non-commercial use within your organisation, provided that you attribute and link to Un-Boxed Brain.
- All other rights are reserved by Un-Boxed Brain. For example, you will have to obtain permission from Un-Boxed Brain if you wish to: charge others for access to the material; include the material in advertising or a product for sale; or alter the material unless a notice for that material provides otherwise.
- Requests for permission and general queries about copyright can be made by contacting me.
Comments made on this website are moderated according to the following policy.
- All comments are moderated. This means that your comment will not be published until I have had the opportunity to review it to ensure that it does not violate this comments policy.
- I do not moderate comments on a daily basis, but I do tend to check on a weekly basis. This means that your comment might take a week to be published depending on when you commented.
- In order for your comment to be published it must meet the standards of basic human decency. You can do this by ensuring that your comment doesn’t contain pathologising language regarding any form of neurodivergence, and is free from any other form of oppressive language (ableist, racist, sexist, etc. comments will be deleted).
- If your comment is long, please try to include sufficient paragraph breaks so that they are accessible to me. If I cannot read your comment, I cannot publish it.
- While this may seem limiting, I do appreciate it when people take the time to comment and I will generally reply to comments which are made in the spirit of continuing a discussion. For your convenience, I have set up a way in which you can be notified by email should your comment receive a reply. This will save you the time of checking the Website to see if your comment has been published.
I use your data to provide and improve the Website. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
I collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve your browsing experience on this website.
Types of Data Collected
While using the website, I may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
I may also collect information how the website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as an anonymised version of your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse my website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of my website.
Examples of Cookies I use:
- Session Cookies. I use Session Cookies to operate my website.
- Preference Cookies. I use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. I use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Un-Boxed Brain uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of my website when you choose to do so
- To provide a method of contact
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that I can improve my website
- To monitor the usage of the website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to me, please note that I transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Un-Boxed Brain may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Un-Boxed Brain
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to me, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
I may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate my website (“Service Providers”) or to assist us in analysing how my website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
I use a third-party Service Provider to monitor and analyse the use of my website
Links To Other Sites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
My website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided me with Personal Data, please contact me. If I become aware that I have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, I take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The above policies may be amended as the need arises. If any change will impact on people who have opted in to receive emailed notifications of new posts, and therefore people whose email addresses I have, I will endeavour to inform you of these changes. Otherwise, the responsibility lies with you to check this page from time to time.
Last Revised: 08/01/2019